For four NETA Cares golfers, October 3rd was a special day because of The Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital Golf Tournament. The team traveled to Dedham Country and Polo Club bright and early for a day of golfing action.
The tournament proved to be a successful one, raising over $200,000 for BWH’s Faulkner Hospital. Lisa, NETA Cares member, commented, “Being with this awesome team to represent NETA Cares yesterday, like before, is an honor! Anytime I can play golf is the best day ever for me, but to support BWH takes it to another level. At the turn, with a $20 individual donation to help children in need at Faulker Hospital, we had an opportunity to use a rocket launcher with a ball that not only self-corrects, but shoots over 300 yards. That was a no-brainer for all four of us. We hit the green, donated to a great cause, AND made an eagle.”
Bryan, Security at NETA, concurred with Lisa, “I was honored to be part of the NETA Cares team and to help support BWH. This time around we played much better, but still came up short of the number one spot. The air cannon that shot a golf ball over 300 yards was so much fun. I’m glad I could be part of such a fun and great event!” Eric, Brookline store manager, said “Having the opportunity to play the great game of golf with a fantastic team on behalf of NETA Cares is tough to top! We had an awesome day representing our organization for a wonderful cause. The wet conditions could not stop us from executing some great shots and sinking some lengthy putts!”
Check out the photos from this event here.
There are still many events left in October for NETA Cares:
- 10/06 Cutting for a Cause: NETA Cares has donated 4 tickets to Red Bull Crashed Ice at Fenway Park towards the silent auction. The event benefits the Epilepsy Foundation.
- 10/06 Kanetoberfest in Western MA: NETA Cares will have several volunteers helping out the folks at Kane’s Krusades.
- 10/07 BAA Half Marathon: NETA Cares has five runners taking on the 13.1 course through the Emerald Necklace.
- 10/14 Dine Among the Vines: NETA Cares will have several members attending the fundraising dinner to support The Food Bank of Western MA.
- 10/20 High HOPes Race: NETA Cares is a proud sponsor of the first-ever 3-mile race in Milford to support the Daily Bread Food Pantry.
- 10/26 Harvest Celebration Dinner: NETA Cares is thrilled to support the Cancer Connection and attend this wonderful dinner.